Life

Life
You only ever do this once.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Poker Management


So, I've played my fair share of Hold'em over the last few years and one thing I never really gave much thought was playing it semi-seriously. I did a little researching and found some very interesting bankroll management strategies for paying yourself and building your poker bankroll.

I only made a small initial deposit of $50 and I'm going to see if I can't build this to $1,000 in less than one year. The rules to the management scheme are fairly simple.

I can't buy into any STT or cash game for more than 5% of my total bankroll. This means that with my initial $50, I cannot buy into any STT or cash game for more than $2.50. Now, if I'm at a cash game and my money on the table exceeds 10% of my total bankroll, I have to get up and leave the table and then I can sit back down with just the 5% of the bankroll once again. This way, I can't possibly dump all the winnings that I have just accumulated on that same game.

I also love to play in the scheduled MTT's. With this bankroll management strategy that I chose, I won't allow myself to buy into a MTT for more than 2% of my bankroll. Of my starting $50, I can only enter an MTT of $1 or less.

Obviously, the higher I build my bankroll, the higher buy in games I can play. Now, let's move onto my cash out strategy.

I have a seperate notepad kept for my cashouts that I owe myself and determining them is as follows. Every time I enter a STT or cash game, I put 3% of my buy in into a cash out fund, no matter if I win or lose at the game. Then, for every MTT tournament I enter, I must put 8% of my buy in into my cash out fund. I can and HAVE TO withdraw what's in my cash out fund once per month. This will let me know at the end of the month whether I have profited or lost on the tables and adjust my bankroll accordingly.

Well, that's pretty much it. If any of you play on FullTilt, leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail at bl1ndf41th@yahoo.com with your username and we can get a few games in together!

No comments:

Post a Comment